Hurricane Season is Here!
It’s when, not if a hurricane hits. Property owners depend on their insurance policies to repair their homes and businesses. While we think that our insurance companies have our best interests at heart, the truth is that they are a business, and many insurance claims are underpaid, delayed, or even denied. At DELAMOLAW, we advocate for your rights to recover the benefits you deserve. As our client, we want you to focus on rebuilding your life and business and let us handle all the issues of your hurricane insurance claim for you.
Policyholders are faced with complicated issues and complex decisions after they suffer property loss from a hurricane. These decisions and issues can arise while filing a claim with your insurance company. The claim information that is presented is crucial, and the strategy used can be paramount in your settlement.
At DELAMOLAW, we advocate for your rights to recover the benefits you deserve.
It is important to create a kit of supplies that you could take with you if you are forced to evacuate. Some recommended items to include are:
- Non-perishable food (enough to last at least 3 days)
- Water (enough to last at least 3 days)
- First-aid kit (include any prescription medication you may need)
- Personal hygiene items and sanitation items
- Flashlights (have extra batteries on hand)
- Battery operated radio (again, have extra batteries)
- Waterproof container with cash and important documents
- Manual can opener
- Lighter or matches
- Books, magazines, games for recreation
- Special needs items: pet supplies and baby supplies if applicable
- Cooler and ice packs
- A plan for evacuation and for if family members are separated
As our client, we want you to focus on rebuilding your life and business and let us handle all the issues of your hurricane insurance claim for you.
Remember, insurance companies are for-profit corporations, and paying you the money you deserve after a hurricane claim is not in THEIR best interest. They always seem to find a way to try and reduce the amount you may be entitled to after a hurricane. Here at DELAMOLAW, we will fight for you and protect your rights to see that you get the just compensation you deserve after a hurricane.